Marjorie’s experience and leadership on the Council give her the tools to do more than talk about the issues important to our community. Marjorie does her homework; thoughtfully responds to issues; and most importantly, Marjorie gets things done.
Marjorie’s determination and optimism bring people together and gets results. Her experience, integrity, and unmatched record combined rare qualities in today’s elected officials.
Below is a brief summary of some of Marjorie's recent accomplishments as your Cambridge City Councilor - accomplishements that she hopes to expand upon as your next State Representative.
- Saving mental health coverage for Cambridge Seniors
- Securing new funds for home based child care providers and restoring resources to over 50 day care centers
- Initiating and Chairing a city wide summit on Domestic Violence Prevention
- Promoting and securing funding to enable new technologies for residents to pay taxes and other bills on line, use smart phone technology to report complaints and track progress to the City
- Successfully organizing resources and tenants to save affordable housing in Harvard Square