Today, the FDA amended the emergency use authorization for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. The CDC followed up by expanding its COVID-19 booster recommendations to 16 and 17 year olds, and is encouraging adolescents ages 16 and 17 to get their booster if they are at least 6 months beyond their second dose.
Yesterday, Pfizer-BioNTech announced that through their laboratory tests, they found that a third dose of their vaccine can improve protection against the Omicron variant. You can learn more here. More studies will be released in the coming weeks that tell us more about the protections that vaccines and boosters can offer us against the omicron variant.
I encourage everyone who is eligible to get a booster shot to do so — this is a list of a few places that we are familiar with that are offering COVID-19 boosters in/near Cambridge for eligible MA residents:
- Cambridge Health Alliance (Appointments required)
- Cambridge booster clinics (Appointments required)
- CambridgeSide mall, third floor
- Mon 12/13: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thurs 12/16: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Schedule here: bit.ly/3oH6mqQ
- CVS (Appointments required)
- 624 Mass. Ave (Central Square)
- Schedule here: bit.ly/3mgBACv.
- Star Market (Walk-ins or appointments)
- 699 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge
- Schedule here: bit.ly/3uujXTv.
- Search by zip-code for other locations https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/